Friday, May 1, 2009

It has happened again! My missionary focused devotional, Voices of the Faithful, was spot on. With each new month comes a new emphasis. For May the focus is Witnessing. Beth Moore writes the introductions for each month, and as usual, she had me pegged. Witnessing is not my stongest area; in fact it's the weakest. Beth mentioned that there would be two reason we might feel less comfortable about sharing our faith, the first being that we do not have a vibrant relationship with Christ. The second being that we don't have the guts for it. Yicks, that hurts. Currently, I know that my relationship with Christ is growing. I am walking real close to him these days. But the second... I must remember that witnessing does not come naturally, it comes supernaturally. I must rely on the Holy Spirit to guide and direct. "You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment