Monday, May 11, 2009


Hello all from the beautiful French Alps! We are now just outside Grenoble, France. The retreat center here is beautiful! My hope is to get some pictures downloaded soon, but I'm not sure when that might be. My netbook has become persnickty and claims that it can't down load the wireless. After consulting with my technical support (my patient son-in-law), I now know my way around the the technical support screens to no availe.

I have some great news! Amelie did come to the retreat on Saturday night! I wasn't able to talk to her before she left, but I was told that she enjoyed herself. Amelie had dinner with us, sat through the song service and Janice's teaching. The teaching was perfect for someone who might be investigating a relationship with Christ. God knows where her heart is, so we are praying that her heart is softened for Christ.

This morning we met for the School of Women's Ministry set to start in October of this year here at Champfleure retreat center. We got a lot done in one hour. There is much to do from raising funds to contacting potential speakers as well getting all of the promotions out. These are exciting times. After lunch we headed to the International Church "CEP" in Grenoble. The church is run by missionaries ministering to French and English speakers. Our group spent some time praying for their team as well as Carrie and Laura, our missionaries from Africa who are traveling with us. Then off we went to the French version of Walmart to do some shopping. Fun and gifts were bought by all. I am thankful to our drivers who have driven all around this beautiful women. These women have been so wonderful to our group.

Tomorrow we're traveling to Provence to see the countryside and the markets. It will be a two plus hour drive, so we're out of here early and home late. On Wednesday we'll travel by train to Paris, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to send a new entry. Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. How the Lord is faithful and that his timing is always perfect! It is really exciting to know that Amelie did attend the retreat.

    Sounds like you are having a great time. I miss you and hope I can see you on Skype soon.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to hear you were able to accomplish so much in just one hour for the SWM! How only God can expand our time and efforts. Hope you have enjoyed your time off for sightseeing.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah God! Danielle, it was so good to hear about Amelie. I am sure the Lord met her right where she was...and I am sure many others were blessed by the faithfulness of you women. We are all so proud of you back here! Love ya! MR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am sooo excited reading your posts! Having Amalie come to the retreat is a real show of God's workings in all you are doing- from sightseeing to shopping and just being there in France! We are praying hard for your protectin and for an opening/softening of hearts with all you come in contact with. :-)
    You go girl! You go God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle.
    Yes, I agree with MaryRose and Mishal, it was so good to hear about Amelie! You've pointed her to the One who will never leave her or forsake her. How is God's Kingdom expanded in a spiritually dark place? - one heart at a time.
    And yes to what Brenda said - with God more than what we can imagine happens.
    Keep reaching out with grace and truth.
    If you get the tech side figured out, send a few pictures of the French countryside we can post for you on Wunderground.
    You are in our prayers.
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete