Thursday, April 30, 2009

My First Entry


My devotional reading for this morning was more than interesting. My friend Gia gave me a devotional written by missionaries from around the world. Today's entry focused on a missionary traveling during the SARS scare several years ago. She mentioned that at every airport or entry, someone slapped a tape on her forehead to take her temperature. Hmm. Sounds like what I might be experiencing next week. With all the N1H1 aka swine flu talk in the media, it would be very easy to become frightened about traveling across the ocean in a confined space. I have chosen not to focus on the scare but focus on the fact that God has a plan for me, and if it's to get sick in some far away place, so be it. But I don't think that is what he has planned for me. Ephesians 2:10 tells me "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." He's brought me this far, I must believe that he'll take me the rest of the way. There have been many obstacles thrown in the way of this adventure, and I look forward to what he has planned for us.

10 comments:

  1. Actually, it was Carl who said he was so proud of her. He just came in under Danielle's account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this blog and excited to see you at ago on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be tuesday at SFO, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I see who is #1 in you life... the dog :-)
    I am so very excited and proud of you. I am so blessed to have a mom who loves the Lord and who follows his leading. What an amazing adventure you will have. Love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still proud of her, but I've got my own account now. I will miss her, but I'll miss Tiff even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You people are so funny (Hathaway's). I love the blog page and I'm excited to check it often. Praise God for the devotion you needed to hear at this particular time. He is so good to soothe our anxious thoughts. I will be praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl you are bad! Danielle...you are awesome! The two of you together are perfection! Can't wait to see what God has planned for you...thanks for letting us tag along through the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to meeting you Danielle. I hope when you come you will understand what an encouragement it is to us here that God would call people we don't even know to come and help. I pray for your protection and that you will receive abundant blessings through this trip. Our God is a mighty God!
    Sylvana (in France)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Danielle! Just wanted to post something... anything... to let you know I'm here! :) Prayin' for you, sister!!

    ReplyDelete